About the Artist
Hello! I’m Diane, a painter living in Pennsylvania. I’m a mom to 3 kids. My two sons are grown and my daughter is in High School. I’ve always had a love for art. I started my career as a Technical Writer but rediscovered art when my kids were small. It wasn’t until recently that I turned my artistic endeavors into a full-time career. Painting brings me peace and joy. I started out years ago painting realistic landscapes, but felt the pull for abstract creations. I love painting abstract art! You may always know where a painting begins, but where it ends is a beautiful surprise. I will often use a palette knife, building layers and then scraping them to reveal the new design underneath. I’ve recently returned back to landscapes using a much looser technique. I try to capture the essence of a scene, yet lend some abstract elements to create mystery.
- Chadds Ford Art Sale & Show, 2010-present
- Unionville Art Gala, 2010-present
- Chester County Art Association, artist member
- Oxford Arts Alliance, artist member
- Delaware Valley Art League, associate member
- Member of Painter's Folly Studio in Chadds Ford
- Home, Heart and Soul, Cornelius, NC
- Pine and Quill, West Chester, PA
A Fun Fact...
I have illustrated a book! The Umbrella that Changed the World was written by Bernadette Clay. It is available on Amazon, Target and Barnes & Noble.
Click here to read my interview in Chadds Ford Junxion Magazine.
Thank you for being here! I hope my paintings bring you joy.